January 5, 2022 at 2:49 pm #17784
*TEST POST* To give this new service a try – simply create a new topic, eg. “Set of Knobs for Philco 37-610 Needed”, and then maybe add some description, photos and why you need the part(s), eg. ” I have had this Philco 37-610 for several years and have been looking for a matching set of knobs for ages – can you help?
If you are a member with a registered email, you can click on the ‘Notify me of follow-up replies via email’ box. Otherwise, keep checking back to see if a ‘good Samaritan’ has responded to help you out.
Attachments:January 5, 2022 at 4:37 pm #17786Sterling SpurrellCVRS Member
Great idea to add this option.January 5, 2022 at 6:59 pm #17797
Thanks Sterling – I really hope it can help folks out in finding those hard-to-find parts!January 6, 2022 at 5:41 am #17799Ralph SpracklinCVRS Member
Hello Gerry and All
As a new member, I am enjoying my stay on this Radio Site. The new ICON, in size and color allows easy access, to the FORUM(S). Makes it stand out, to the eye. However I feel having a RED ACCESS BUTTON at the top would also be an added feature. One at the top and one at the Bottom. Less searching for users, old or new.
The ability to have an extra Forum Title where one could make a post for other Interests, say, on the History of Radio itself. Such as my last Post “The First Voice of Radio”, I had a hard time as to where to Post it.
I should also say that the area you call VIEWS, should really appear as REPLYS. Because that is what the count here really is. And Yes. the actual views to a Post is also a good reference to keep , because it shows the amount of interest in a Post. Sometimes it can be discouraging only to read the number of added posts to a Topic as just “1” possibly shows that there was maybe no interest in the post whatsoever.(for whatever reason) I hope I am not being overly critical of how our fine Radio Site works. Does ayone else have thoughts on this?
RalphJanuary 7, 2022 at 3:25 pm #17814Grant SesakCVRS Member
This is exactly what was needed ,as i got lots of useless parts (to me) that ive been keeping if some one needed. Great idea!
Grant Sesak, from winnipeg.January 7, 2022 at 6:06 pm #17815Dan WalkerCVRS Member
I have been trying for years to find a power supply for a Rogers 10-12,or a Buckingham. I have the 10-12 completed except the power supply.
There are a few other rogers radios that use the same power supply.
Here are some photos.
Dan in Calgary
Attachments:January 14, 2022 at 2:04 pm #17906
Responding to your earlier post:
– I am not sure what you mean by ‘having a RED ACCESS BUTTON at the top…’ – could you please explain a little more?
– There is nothing to stop you placing a post in ore than one forum if you think that may give better exposure – simply copy the text into a new post on the other forum(s).
– We think there may be an issue with the way ‘views’ are being counted and one of our webmasters is looking into that.
– I think we are constrained by the software regarding ‘views’ and ‘Posts’ (vs. ‘reply’s), but as I noted in my earlier post, if you are a member with a registered email, you can click on the ‘Notify me of follow-up replies via email’ box and you will be notified when someone responds.
Thanks for the suggestions/thoughts!
GerryJanuary 14, 2022 at 4:17 pm #17913Ralph SpracklinCVRS Member
I was refering to the Red “Enter Forum” I’m getting use to scrolling down to find it. It’s just that sometimes, one may be in a hurry, and having to scroll down looking for ir can be a bit of a pain. I like the Idea that the button further down, it is big and it’s bold. Stands out on a busy page.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.