Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Joseph Koester
    Forum Participant

I recently acquired this very fine example of one of Zenith’s Boat or Trailer radios. This radio, a model 4B106, is a 6-volt only radio made specifically for the RV and boat owner. It has a nice original finish cabinet and an unmolested and original chassis. The accompanying speaker is also original and when these radios are found it is usually without the separate speaker. I have been a radio collector, with a special emphasis on Zenith for many years and this is the first time I have ever seen one of these radios. The larger 6 tube model appears more frequently, but it is not at all common.

Joe Koester, 1020 Huron Drive, Crossville, TN 38572, [email protected]

phil
    Forum Participant

that’s interesting. It appears that the speaker is older than the radio but did they come together? Ive never seen that model but we dont; see a lot of zenith in these parts. I’m near Vancouver. one zenith I do have is also six volts I believe. it has really heavy power supply wires. the case is a bit rough but it is a zenith cube radio and I guess it is meant to be viewable from both sides, not like most that have an open back that should never been see by polite company 😉
    Are the zenith cube radios sought after? this one is all there but it needs some case work as well as making the chassis look pretty. it might be a copper chassis, big dial. Its a neat radio. I assume it would have a vibrator.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.