Home Forums Cabinet Restoration 1937 Deforest Crosley – The Electra

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    golden
    Forum Participant

I have a 1937 Deforest Crosley Electra – S/N 70048. The electrical components work. The case is in desperate need of work. At some point in time someone worked on the case and sanded through the veneer. Then the case was painted black. Then the case was sanded again to remove the black paint. The veneer needs a lot of work. .

I have not been able to find anyone who would do the repairs needed, so I want to give this unit to someone who may have the ability to restore this radio. I am willing to give this unit away for free to such a person or organization.

I have carefully boxed the unit up, and it is ready for someone to pick up.

Ralph Spracklin
    Forum Participant

Hello Golden
    The big question releated to your generous offer, is, Where are you located??
    For certain this radio can be saved from the flames. A lot of us on this site could do it justice, but, as stated above, where is it located. Shipping long distance has its own set of problems, and too, shipping is expensive and the set can get damaged creating even greater restoration problems. Most likely anyone who is interested would need to pick it up at your location. As for myself, I am in Ontario.

Regards

Ralph

golden
    Forum Participant

I live in Victoria, B.C. I would be willing to delivery this radio to just about anywhere on the island or in the lower mainland if someone would restore it.

I really do not know what else to do or whom else to contact.

golden
    Forum Participant

I may be making a cross Canada road trip next year. Could bring it with me to someone who would restore it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.