Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wayne Brown
    Forum Participant

Hi all,
    Just wanted to post a couple of pictures of this General Motors radio hockey broadcast poster which is original and seems to be “one of a kind” as I haven`t been able to find one any where on the net.
    The first radio broadcast of an NHL hockey game was on Feb.8th 1929.This poster is from the 4 th full season of NHL hockey broadcasts. Its a neat bit of early sport radio broadcasting in Canada and the date side of the poster is perforated so you could separate it and tack it up by your radio for reference. Foster Hewitt (announcer) would have been a young man at this point in time. Anyway... hope some of you will find this interesting as its a piece of Canadian Broadcasting history.

Wayne

citco
    Forum Participant

Sweet Wayne!!! You let me know when you get tired of this stuff. Thanks for posting. Stuart.

Wayne Brown
    Forum Participant

Thanks Stuart, i`m not tired of it just yet, lol..I have a fair amount of radio related ephemera, brochures, pamphlets, company product adds/info etc. They are neat to go back in time with…glad you enjoy them.

Cheers,
    Wayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.