- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
I am working on a 20’s homebrew radio that has a pair of Songbird Master-Tone Audio Interstage Transformers in it. One is a 3.5:1 and the other a 5:1.
These transformers are so pretty that I thought I would post a picture of one of them.
The band is chromed steel and the end bells are stamped aluminum.
The transformer shown had some odd resistance readings when I checked it out so I opened it up. I found that it must have had an open primary and that someone had removed the wire from the primary and installed R/C coupling. This is the first 20’s audio that I have opened and found separate bobbins for the primary and secondary coils.
I rewound the primary with 4100 turns of #40 wire and reassembled it. Ohm readings are ok but I will have to complete work on the rest of the chassis before the smoke test.
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
We provide you with a list of stored cookies on your computer in our domain so you can check what we stored. Due to security reasons we are not able to show or modify cookies from other domains. You can check these in your browser security settings.
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Google reCaptcha Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds: