Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #5741
    CVRS Member

    Hi all. I am restoring a Philco 71 cathedral chassis 121. It has lots of problems but the one that stands out right away is the burnt wires coming out of the power transformer. I have not taken it out yet to test, but was wondering if someone knows where I can get it rewound or find a replacement. The other issues are open coils and of course the electrolytic capacitors, and maybe even the coil on the speaker may be open. One problem at a time.

    Clinton Millett
    Forum Participant

    Hi Gord,

    There are several places in the states that will rewind transformers, and there was one in Calgary, I had a custom transformer made several years ago by them. I will see if I can find the name and will pass it on to you. I have a list of websites that are pretty usefull for finding this stuff out. Google BOAT ANCHOR RADIOs and you will find a few places that may be able to help out.


    Ed Kraushar
    CVRS Member


    Have a look at this site.

    Scroll down to parts, then on to transformers. He has a large selection of good used at prices cheaper than rewinding. I have bought several from him. Service is fast and shipping to Canada reasonable.


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.