Ed Kraushar
CVRS Member

cvrs wrote:

It has a thing that looks like a heater that plugs in and a heat shield on the underside of the cabinet. I think it was supposed to even out power surges or something. Phil

The 832 schematic calls it a "voltage regulator". I wonder if it was used to drop high line voltages rather than a power transformer with taps on the primary.