I have started work on the plastic case to hold all the goodies (life got in the way of radios, again!). Just a point to note that I will be making a presentation to our CVRS chapter on making your own plastic cases. The advantages are:
1. What dimensions do you want? You can make a case to EXACTLY what you need for dimensions
2. Materials are affordable and easy to find in a city the size of Edmonton
3. Easy to finish with a variety of spray paints
1. You need a specialty blade to cut this material on a table saw
2. You do need methylene chloride as a glue to stick the pieces together
You have to be careful working with this stuff – protective gear and no smoking while you’re doing this. But over time you can get really good at making these cases.
Regards to all,