John Greenland
CVRS Member

I would suggest that if you have the room inside the radio, make an adapter socket with the 7 pin male and an octal socket. You can then use the radio with the substitute tube until you find an original. This keeps the radio as you want it but allows you to use it or even just to show it works.

Good Luck with it.
John G. VO1 CAT